How to Join a Meeting
To join a Zoom meeting use the desktop application or smartphone app. If you are not able to download or run the app a link is provided to join in your browser.
Once you open the Zoom desktop app, click “Join a Meeting”
Each meeting has a unique 9, 10 or 11-digit number called a Meeting ID. It is required to join a Zoom meeting and is provided in the meeting invite. This number is unique to each meeting.
Enter the Meeting ID number and your name. Choose how you would like to connect audio and/or video and select Join.
Zoom will then open the meeting interface.
How to Host a Meeting
Zoom meetings can be hosted using the desktop application or smartphone app. If you are not able to download or run the app a link, go to zoom.us and sign in via your browser.
Once you sign in on the Zoom desktop app, click the “Schedule” icon.
Once the Zoom Scheduler is open, you can begin to set-up your future Zoom meeting.
Note: All scheduled meetings may be started by the host at anytime, regardless of the date and time settings.
- Topic: Choose a topic/name for your meeting.
- When: Select a date and time of your meeting.
- Note: Zoom’s free plan has a 40 mins limit on group meetings
- Time Zone: By default, Zoom will use your computer’s time zone setting.
- Recurring Meeting: Choose if you would like this meeting to reoccur. (The meeting ID will be the same for the recurring meetings.)
- Meeting ID: Choose “Generate Automatically” option. Don’t use your personal meeting ID for meetings
- Password: To password protect your meeting, select this option. Joining participants will be required to input the password select before joining your scheduled meeting.
- Video: Default video settings for host and participants.
- Audio Options: Choose whether to allow users to call in via telephone, VOIP, or both.
- Calendar: This will add the meeting to the selected calendar.
- Advanced Options:
- Enable Waiting Room: Allows the host to control when a participant joins the meeting
- Enable Join Before Host: Allows participants to join your meeting before you arrive. (not recommended)
- Mute Participants on Entry: Automatically mute participants as they join the meeting
- Automatically Record the Meeting on the Local Computer: When the meeting begins, a recording of it will be saved on your local computer. Meetings can be recorded as needed through the Zoom application.
- Schedule: Click here to finish. The calendar you selected will open and participants to the meeting can be invited.